New Chapter for Star View Guest House



First, I'd like to say, 'thank you' to all our guests through these past 5 years. It's been wonderful meeting so many people from so many places. Who would have thought a widow from the US could go to a little country like Nepal and have such awesome adventures?

My goal for the guesthouse was to have a place for myself and other westerners to stay where we could be shielded from the dangers and annoyances of life in a developing country. Yes, I did manage to do that. We managed 5 years without getting anyone sick from our kitchen germs. Not bad. However, and it's a big 'however,' it's been push, push, push. 'Don't use the cleaning cloth from the floor on the counter.' 'When we are running low on milk, bread or other supplies please put them on the list and buy them before we run out.' 'Don't use the same cleaning cloth for the toilet as for the sink.' 'Please don't take a nap on the rooftop without asking.' And so on, and so on.

So, it's time for me to move on to doing something else and there are many things I could turn my attention to such as video photography, which is something we are already starting to work on. It's a great way to promote Nepal.

But what to do with 10 rooms of furniture? I've decided to use the furniture from Star View Guest House to help travelers to have a better experience in Nepal. It will also help local families with homes in need of being rented.

What will happen to Star View Guest House? The landlord will take the house but doesn't seem to want to continue it as a guesthouse.  I'm sure he will be happy to lease it to someone, so do not hesitate to reach out if you have interest. It's earthquake-safe with great views and lovely village.

Well, here's what's next for me and Sujit, my companion dejour. Just click here when our next blog post goes live.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's the Gathamaga Festival, Not Ghantakarna Festival

Having a Healing Experience in Nepal